Giving someone a new pair of shoes is considered unfortunate, yet it is also thought to extend their life. Giving shoes as a Christmas present is considered extremely unlucky, as it is regarded to indicate that the receiver will abandon you. This is not just a Jewish tradition; Christians also do not recommend it.
The Talmud says that if one wants his friend to remain loyal to him, then he should not give him new shoes. New shoes represent new life and new opportunities, and so giving them symbolizes abandoning the old life for the new. This would mean that your friend has abandoned you and will not stand by you when you need him/her the most.
Shoes take a lot of wear and tear, so replacing them often makes sense from an economic perspective as well. However, some people say that if you want to show support or express gratitude to your friend, then you should give him/her used shoes. Used shoes are more comfortable and fit better, which means that your friend will feel like he/she is still part of a group even though some feet have been replaced.
Used shoe donations are common during holiday seasons. Shopping at places such as Goodwill or Salvation Army can help you find high-quality used shoes at affordable prices. You could also check with friends and family if there are any pairs of shoes that they are no longer using.
However, if you never give someone a shoe as a present, you will be destined to be shoeless in the hereafter. This means that you will not be able to go shopping anytime you want because everyone will be jealous of your existing shoe collection.
As long as they are not old shoes, people will believe that you got them from somewhere else. Even if you did not, they will think that you are too poor to get new ones every time they wear out. This will make them feel uncomfortable when they walk with you, so they will either stop walking with you or hide their feet from you until they can find another way to tell you that they are unhappy.
If you really love your girlfriend or wife, you should not let these beliefs stop you from giving her gifts on certain occasions. Just make sure that the shoes are not old and she should have no problems wearing them.
Shoes are a significant part of our lives; therefore, it is normal for someone who loves us to give us presents that help us feel comfortable in our daily activities. But besides being comfortable, gifts must also be useful too. For example, if you give your girlfriend/wife shoes that are too small, she will only wear them once and then throw them away.
4. Footwear Giving someone a new pair of shoes is considered unfortunate, yet it is also thought to extend their life. This is because people who are about to die will always wear new shoes.
5. The more expensive the shoe, the worse it is for luck. A man could end up with his death predicted by a gift of shoes.
6. If you receive a gift of shoes, you should be careful not to lose them or leave them outside even for a moment. Otherwise, you might be forced to walk home in them.
7. It is believed that if you give someone old shoes, they will have bad luck for the rest of their lives. New shoes mean new hope for new beginnings; old shoes means failure for everyone involved.
8. It is said that if you wear out three pairs of shoes by wearing them down through use and abuse they will become your foundation, your support system, your reason to keep fighting against the world if only temporarily. So wear them with pride and keep them clean.
9. It is believed that if you are given a gift of shoes and can afford it, then do so.
Shoes. This is because the Bible says that God provides us with feet so that we may use them to get happiness from life here on earth and prepare ourselves for the afterlife. Thus, giving someone shoes is acceptable, but only if you also give them something else at the same time.
In conclusion, it is best not to give shoes as a present because it is believed to bring about your downfall. However, if you do so without anything else, you will be left with nothing permanent. Therefore, it is acceptable to give people shoes as long as you also give them something else.